Saturday, March 12, 2011

MY FIRST TIME

wikimedia.org

All my life I never had any better job then driving. 
When I was a kid, I use to impersonate how a trucker drove his truck.

To be more entertaining, I'd use some rounded figure such as a big plastic plate to act like a steering wheel while I'm moving around the house (by foot of course) sounding like a big truck.

While reaching the legal age of a truck driver (21 years old in my country) I just didn't wait for no time to get the Truck Driving License.

I can still remember that I've just made three days of training and passed my Truck Driving Test.

That was my first real truck. An ISUZU V10. A ten wheeler tipper truck made to be a Test Truck.

Japanese truck is a common view in my country at that time. 
So,if you are driving such a V8 HINO FR60, it's good enough for a beginner in trucking industry.

I've start with one of that. A ten wheeler, 28 footer cargo compartment  length. 

I can still remember how happy I was to feel the V8 engine. Not that powerful compare to an European trucks but fair enough for a 21 years old Asian boy. (yeah- I know, they drove a SCANIA at that age in Sweden- lol)

I'll moved across the country delivering cargo mostly metals to the local hardware stores.
Sometimes even lost in the middle of nowhere just because of the address on the Delivery Manifest was so tricky to read. It was hand written by the 90's.

While mobile phones was a space story things back then, I'll end up to walk around to look for a telephone booth just to call a number which is not exist.

Normally for the last effort is to stop a mailman asking for direction to the local hardware store.

Pardon for my English. I just had some secondary school in my study career. Trying my best to write and speak in English via television.

Just wanna share a bit of my life through this blog.

See you then in my next posting.

Safe journey.

Salute to all those unsung heroes, The Road Warriors.    

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrates for passing ur truck test that easy..
p/s:


u know what, I always Playing this game with my brother.. fun right? Love that moment... :)

Safe journey.

boonlertpratchai said...

congrate...your english is not bad,but for me its ok....simple yet people can unserstand...keep up bro!